.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My creative space... Honeycomb Smocking



This is the start of my honeycomb smocked cushion cover! My little smocked pieces look a bit squashed in some lines - I don't think it will look half as neat as the tutorial on Tumbling Blocks. It is all done by hand and my hand stitching isn't the neatest, probably the reason I never try embroidery :-) I'm hoping it will stretch out OK when sewing it up.



I have to admit, now I have done the smocking I am procrastinating on how to finish it. Do you think I need to back the smocking with a plain piece of the same fabric then go about sewing up my cushion? Any suggestions welcomed ladies :-)

Come and join in the fun and share your Creative Space or just be inspired by someone else's creative space!