.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Creative Space - to fray or not to fray?



I have been trying to perfect a big rose design for a while... these two blooms were made a little while back. So, no I am not superwoman making things while juggling no sleep and a newborn!! I just got these photos back and had to share them!! These are both hair clips that double as headbands once on ribbon :-)



I love dupion silk but it does fray a fair bit and the edges don't seal so well... I don't mind frayed - I like it more in the first photo than the second.... I guess it's an individual thing!? Sometimes I worry it can cheapen the look of my hair accessories but there is also something rustic about that unfinished, natural look? Any thoughts?? These gorgeous models belong to 'my' gorgeous Sydney-based children's photographer, Amanda :-) oh and more creative spaces here.

Photos amandakeeysphotography.com

PS: Just a note to set the record straight for my last creative space post: I didn't make honey jumbles 2 days home from hospital!!! They were done a few days before I had Josiah :-) So, I am not crazy nor that clever!