.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Drake Apologizes for Disgraceful BET Awards Performance


Drake recently addressed the disgraceful Young Money performance at the BET Awards:

"That, actually -- to be honest -- was a terrible idea that I'll never do to myself again," he said in an interview. "But I was being pressed from different areas to perform, and I think what really happened at the BET Awards is with the passing of Mike, the climate really changed, as far as the award show goes. I don't think it called for us to perform "Every Girl" and "Always Strapped," and I think it was an award show filled with tributes and music and these genuine heartfelt speeches. And to sort of climax out of a very tongue-n-cheek point, and then people misconstruing Wayne's daughters and her friends coming out on stage -- it was just timed very poorly and it definitely wasn't planned like that, but with that being said, it is what is. I believe in Wayne and myself and it's nothing we can't bounce back from. To anyone who was offended, my personal apologies, it wasn't intended to offend anybody." (Complex)