.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Betsey Johnson

Betsey Johnson's long-standing fashion career was built following her rules and beating to her own drum. With over 45 Betsey stores worldwide and over 1000 specialty stores carrying her label Betsey has taken the world by storm with her whimsical and feminine fashion line.
Betsey was born in 1942 in Wethersfield, Connecticut and there are not enough words to describe this dynamic, exuberant and inspirational business woman. Growing up in dance classes laid the foundation for Betsey's love for costumes which is still evident in her designs today. In 1964 Betsey officially entered the New York fashion scene by winning Mademoiselle magazine's "Guest Editor Contest"... One year later she landed the top designer position for Paraphernalia, a hot London clothing boutique, and her unique style blossomed here. 
Calgary opened its first Betsey Johnson store a year ago in Fashion Central on 8th Ave & 1st Street SW and I LOVE her jewelry and accessories... Mainly because her textiles are a bit too rich for my blood with a dress running anywhere from $400-650 on average. Her unique designs and funky tutu-style dresses have me drooling on a weekly basis through the window... Here are a few of my pieces:
My first Betsey Johnson shopping experience in Montreal!!!
I bought this bag and wear it all the time with jeans :D
I got this awesome hat at Betsey Johnson last year and I get compliments on it EVERYWHERE I go! It was around $40 and I loooove it!
EEK! I just found it in pink online... SO CUTE!
I fell in love with these "school girl" drop earrings a few months back and had to have them... $45 and I wear them ALL the time!
Exhibit A... Man I have hot friends ;)
Here are a few other of my favorite Betsey looks... She is so charismatic and is famous for doing a cart wheel after her fashion shows! What a babe for being almost 70?!?!
Betsey is famous for her full bottom dresses and skirts... And we all know how I feel about TUTU'S!!!!
Beautiful!!!
So cute!!! Love the back and ruffled lace layers.
Love love love love love


Betsey also comes out with a bunch of sweater t-shirt dresses which I love. So comfortable!
Paris Hilton & Mischa Barton in Betsey

I LOVE Betsey's jewelry collection... Super funky and brightly colored.
I'm OBSESSED with her earring collection... They are often different earrings but the same theme like these horseshoe ones. SO CUTE!
The Bay also carries Betsey Johnson and I have been eying these for a few weeks now.......
How cute are these?!?! The black part of the dress is real lace too!
LOVE THESE!

SHINY!!! MAMA WIKE!
RAWR!!!
Cutesies... Love the pom poms.
Love love love
LOVE HER STYLE and UNIQUE prowess. DO YOU HAVE ANY BETSEY?!