.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Creative Space - re-purposed & re-cycled



After driving back to Canberra from Sydney at Easter I felt bad for Anya's little head rolling around while she slept. Her new big-girl car seat doesn't have the same wings/head support. So I made this little pillow for her this week from a flannelette pillow case that came with her cot sheets! I probably didn't need a pattern but used this one minus the lions head :-)


She is sitting in her 'boat' (the washing basket) now using it while watching Sesame street! She was very excited to help me make it (did some pinning and lifting the machine foot up and down) and see the end result. It would be lovely and soft in a minky fabric!



We also made this sweet vintage lace hair clip and have been sharing it (different to the other one I made)! This is the first time she has let me put something in her hair and it lasted a whole morning! Considering I make hair accessories for my little business it might be nice to finally be able to model them on my own child!!! Mind you we are still waiting for more hair!



Visit more creative spaces here!

Ed's note: Oh and if you want a sneak peak at some of the goodies in Shop Handmade which opens TOMORROW!!! Go to Posie's blog for a visual feast!