.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Shop Handmade Launch - White Dessert Bar



With some inspiration from Amy Atlas I created my very first dessert bar for the Shop Handmade VIP launch! The white dessert bar (with a touch of 'Shop Handmade' blue) was laden with delicious goodies for our guests to enjoy with a glass of bubbly!



The super talented Elizabeth of pARTy cakes created our delightful 'Shop Handmade' gingerbread biscuits, adorable vanilla cupcakes and the 'cappuccino' mud cakes which could be mistaken for a real coffee! The details were exquisite, thank you Elizabeth - they were a huge hit. The to-die-for New York Cheesecake was from Flute bakery.




Unfortunately I could not find white macaroons in Canberra so had to settle for meringues! Guests enjoyed some old favourites like milk-bottles and marshmallows and some divine organic vanilla bean flecked chocolates from Lindsay and Edmunds along with home-baked almond crescent biscuits! Even our drinks got dressed up for the night with cute 'shop girl' tags made by fellow dessert-bar-enthusiast, Tania who assisted me with the lovely details.




Last but not least, the simply beautiful letter-pressed invitations from Poppy Letterpress which set the tone for the whole evening... in one word....delicious! I made the cute little food signs from Business card sheets, printed at home, using a tent fold to allow them to stand with ease.


{image}

I thoroughly enjoyed planning and executing my first dessert bar even while almost 9 months pregnant!!! Now the launch is over I have been secretly dreaming up lovely birthday themes for my daughters party in October. I know - 6 months away... but with the birth of our second child any day now it gives me something creative to look forward to on those long nights that I know are coming! You can enjoy more photos here and here.