.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

America Is Just So Sensitive



This is a slow news day.  The only thing that is really worth a damn so I am glad that I was on the road for the whole day.  There is one thing I would like to write about, which I will probably do tomorrow and Gil Meche. But I defend Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari, which is like seeing Charlie Sheen sober so strap in.

I have no problem whatsoever with Calipari calling freshman Terrence Jones a 'selfish motherf-----' last night in their upset lost against Alabama.  Who cares?  Coaches swear, oh my God!  There are a ton of places where you might not put up with people swearing at you, but in sports especially high division 1 and pro sports isn't one of them. If Jones has a problem with that, good luck finding a program like Kentucky where a coach doesn't swear like Calipari did last night.  

Calipari shouldn't have to apologize to the public for his choice words. You know who they should have asked about this... Bobby Knight.  Do you really think Knight would apologize for some bad words he said?  Not a chance in hell. I will give you an example... one of my high school coaches swore at us like no man had in my junior year.  We were getting our asses kicked (surprise surprise) by halftime, I will paraphrase it for you... "We are playing like a bunch of synonym for cats, we are taking it up where the sun don't shine."  He apologized the next day for his actions.  Why?  I respect him more for telling us how he really felt instead of stroking our high school egos.  There is no reason why Cal needs to stroke these college pricks who leave in a year.  

Keep doing your thing Cal with the swearing.

-Charlie.