.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Daily Debate: Cam Newton's Draft Spot

Well hopefully this will take the steam off the Brady-Manning, Duke-Michigan State feuds going on right now but it probably won't. Hey I tried. Cam Newton, not shocking decided to go pro for the upcoming 2011 season.  I wonder how high or low he will go. 

I have no idea why people want Blaine Gabbert who is the top rated quarterback.  Watch the tape of him at Nebraska, he struggled mightily with pressure, but yes he does have an NFL-ready body.  Newton reminds me of Daunte Culpepper. Remember Daunte had the size and speed like Netwon, yet in my opinion, Newton is faster than Culpepper. I think Cam will land either at the 10th spot with the Washington Redskins, or the 12th spot with the Minnesota Vikings. Both of those teams need a new quarterback and both make logical sense for Newton.   What do you guys think?

-Charlie

I'll start by saying that it's only natural that Cam, runs away from his problems. I am by no means, a Cam-Hater but when they reveal what really went down (probably next year) he'll be long gone counting his millions that someone, i.e. the Minnesota Vikings, will sheepishly give to him. No one will care at that point what happened this year.

Anywho, I agree that the 'Skins or Vikings could land him, but what about those Niners? Last I checked, they have a new head coach and a QB in Alex Smith that is wildly inconsistent. They do need help at corner, but Harbaugh might want a new QB for himself to work with.

-Mitch