.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Debate: When Does Favre Get His Number Retired?

Mitch texted me this Daily Debate so I am not sure why he didn't post it, but I will do it instead for him before I head to off to sell office supplies like my name is Dwight Schrute.  Brett Favre, now that he is retired and I feel confident saying that, when will the Green Bay Packers retire his number?

I personally feel it will be in about 3-5 years.  To get into the Pro Hall of Fame, it's a five year wait period. We can all agree that Favre's numbers make him a first ballot Hall of Famer.  I believe the Packers will want to do it before his HOF speech at Canton in 2016. I just hope that Ted Thompson and Favre do not carry over their grudge for years to come.  Do it in three years against the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau.  I would like to see that.

-Charlie.

I didn't do it because I forgot about it Chuck. Fuck me, right? 


Anyway, I don't think it will be next year either. The Packers front office is going to wait a while for the fans' wounds to heal from his last two years with Minnesota. The time will come soon though. I give it 2-3 years.

-Mitch


No question here that we all think his number is going to be retired at Lambeau Field right? Right? Can you see a scenario where they actually don't because Brett is unwilling to come back when Ted Thompson is still making genius personnel moves? I think I can. At first I was looking to agree with Chuck, however, I believe it would be the season after he gets into Canton, not before.  But, I can also see this thing dragging out to the 7-10 year range. There is just so much ego on the side of Favre that we never know what his next move will be. He could end up in the front office of the Vikings or Bears for all we know. Then I'd say, "Absolutely Hell No" to retiring Favre's number.

-Pat