.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Let's Not Get Too Excited

I remember 2008. The Packers destroyed the Seattle Seahawks then my buddy Mike and I watched the New York Giants knocked the Dallas Cowboys off on the road. Mike and I puffed our chests out after that game thinking the Giants had no chance whatsoever. Brett Favre was ready to dominate and we thought this was our year. Everyone agreed  the Pack were going to pound the Giants in Lambeau.  Then Corey Webster and Plaxico Burress happened.

Not as bad as Fourth and 26th, but
this was an awful lost. 

I felt crushed just like the Cowboys fans did the week before and the Patriots fans did after, how the hell did this happen to us?  Now, this is a different team no doubt about it but still people as Packers fans cannot get too confident.  All of the Facebook statuses about punching our tickets to Dallas, and that no one can beat us. I can understand this with how good the Packers have played in the last two weeks.  Also the comments about Aaron Rodgers and Tramon Williams don't have to worry about Pro Bowl because they cannot play in Hawaii anyways. I hate the Bears as much as you do, I just know to take baby steps to Dallas instead of already book my hotel in the Fort Worth area.  

It still can come to a crashing halt on Sunday, and I am trying to level my expectations so there isn't a stomach punch comparable to Floyd Mayweather. Additionally, so you don't find me burying myself in copious amounts of booze that nihgt.  The Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers have been pretty even in the first two games.  I will do a much more extensive preview on the game on Saturday, but it should be a great battle between two hated rivals.

I hope everyone realizes this Green Bay Packer team is playing with house money.  The fact they are in the final four in the NFL with all of the injuries they had during the season is remarkable.  No matter what happens on Sunday, we have to be proud of what the Packers have done.

-Charlie.