.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What Did YOU Think Of "The Game"?-- My Review


In the words of Ms. Tasha Mack "Game On B*tches".... I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the show!!!! The cast came back and brought their A game!  Check MORE DISH to see my review of the show.  If you haven't seen it yet, you might wanna wait to read.  Of course they'll be spoilers.



First off, I love how they did the two year time lapse. It made up for the time that they've been gone and allowed for all the characters to grow. Yea it was a bit cheesy to hear a character run down the accomplishments of another character, but that is what gave us all the info we needed to pick up where we left off.  The writers filled us all the way in on the changes that took place within those 2 years.

The biggest change is that Derwin went from "Ding Dong" to "That N***a".  In prior seasons, that was Malik.  Now, Malik is the underdog and also stepped up as the biggest A-Hole of the show.  His character was NEVER humble so I'm not shocked that it went down hill.  Looks like getting rid of Tasha wasn't such a great decision.  In this case, he should have listened to the old saying "Mama knows best."

Kelly and Jason... this story line is slick bothering me.  I guess I can understand how hurt and angry she is after the divorce (and all she went through in her marriage) but her new attitude is a bit TOO angry for me.  She is also SUPER damn messy from what I see thus far.  That ish she pulled when Melanie called about the baby was MAD WRONG (and calls for a beat down).   I have to admit, I'm digging Kelly's new style.  All that makeup tho, its a no go.  Oh, another no go would HAVE to be the new Brittany.  I want the old Brit-Brat back pronto (please and thank you).  Jason is still Jason, and I love that.  He was never one to change during the other seasons and they kept at it this season.

My girl, Tasha Mack... I STILL love her.  However, I'm super hot about that black and mild that they just threw all in the mix.  I mean really, what was the purpose of that?  Was that to "ghetto-fy" her a little more?  As if going in her trunk and calling on Pookie wasn't enough.  Besides that, I wanna know what happened to Rick Fox.  If they answer that, we'll probably all have a better understanding of how Dontae (Terrence J.) came into the picture.  What did you guys think about Terrence J. as a new character?  Personally, I think I'm gonna like him.  It was most def strange to see him in that role, but he did a great job.  Once I get beyond seeing Terrence J. of 106 and seeing Dontae, we'll be alright.  I'm sure some of y'all will feel the same.  My older sister doesn't watch 106 and didn't know who he was, so she automatically liked him in the role.  After watching the show a second time, it wasn't so strange to me.  It's most def gonna take some getting used to tho.

Whewww honey, you know I had to save Derwin and Melanie for last.  This one here is one helluva story line. I love how they are such a hot couple and how they went from living comfortably, to balling the hell out.. and they did it all TOGETHER. While they have all of that, Melanie still has to deal with D.J. and Jenae.  At first I thought that the two (Jenae and Melanie) were all good, until I saw that look on Melanie's face when Derwin went to the car with Jenae.  Oh, and when Jenae pulled that bish move and went and copped the SAME bag as Melanie.  That was SUPER lame and shows that she just might want a little of what Melanie has.  Anywho...who was mad at Melanie for swabbing lil D.J.'s mouth?  Not I said the cat, LMBO.  I'm sorry but hey, as his WIFE, I think she had the right to know.  Yes, she should have suggested that when he was fresh out the poon, but whatever.  Now, the next question is what was she supposed to do when she found out the he was supposedly not his child?  What the writers wrote in was right on the money cuz that was SO a Girl Melanie move.  But what she SHOULD have done (after redoing the test at least 5 times) was talk her husband into them finding out the truth TOGETHER!! The writers did their jobs cuz they kept the viewers on pins and needles the entire show. Everybody was SO glad that the baby wasn't Derwin's.  While lots of people on Twitter, FB and at the watch party I attended were all ready to throw Jenae to the wolves, I wasn't buying it LOL.  We took a vote at the house to see who all believed that the baby wasn't his and 8 out of 10 thought he wasn't.  My sister and I knew something wasn't right tho.  Jenae has never been there for Derwin's money and I just didn't see her as being that grimmy.  We have to keep in mind that Jenae wasn't some groupie or jumpoff, they were in a relationship.  She actually LIVED with this man.  Pooch Hall killed that kitchen scene, he had all of America about to cry with him, LOL.  If this were REAL life and what was supposed to happen really happened... The next show would start out with Melanie saying "Baby I f***ed up", but I don't think that's gonna happen.  I hope it does, but im not sure if it will. 


One thing that made the show stand out to me is that the story lines were not unbelievable.  Everything that happened (the quick athlete come up, the quick drop in career status, baby mama drama, lost friendships, etc.) all happen in the world we live in.  As we watched the show I was LMAO at all the "oohs and aahs" coming from around the room.  Although I knew it was a hit, it was confirmed when EVERYONE in the house said "I can't wait for next week" or "I can't wait to see whats gonna happen."  When I finally logged on to Twitter, there it was again.  Of course there were the ones that hated the show but that's a given. I hope they didn't give us a great start then give us bull throughout the rest of the season.  I so don't think that's the case, but the show gets two thumbs up from Diva Dish Talk and I'll be watching every week to see.

Now... anybody watch Lets Stay Together?  I missed it, I was too busy watching The Game again, LOL.