.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Daily Debate: When Will we Get our Football Back?

Well, it's the day of reckoning for the NFL and unless something drastic happens in the next 12 hours it looks like we're headed for a lockout. The question then is, when do you think the two sides will finally come to an agreement?

From everything that has been said it doesn't seem like they are even close.  I think this lockout is going to get uglier before it gets better.  That being said, I still refuse to believe that we are going to miss any football games.  I think both sides realize that the NFL is on the precipice of complete world domination.  It would be an utterly terrible business decision not to come to an agreement before next season starts. 

If I had to put a date on it I would say July 1st.  I think they are going to get the players back on to the field just in time to get a full training camp and preseason in. 

What do you guys think?

-E

It's like a bad dream. The fact we might not have football scares me, and for some fans, really starting to become a reality. I agree it will be in the summer months, but I think we might go later than that. Maybe the middle of August. These players hate preseason, training camp, and just want to play games. No one has looked good in this, they both look selfish and appear stubborn. The ones who get hurt the most by this are the 2011 rookies. I wouldn't be surprised to see only a couple succeed next year.

-Charlie.

I think we underestimate the intelligence of both sides here boys. We all know they are not stupid. The owners fear that the NFLPA, if it decertifies, would have a great chance in court regarding anti-trust. I think they get this thing hammered out before St. Patrick's Day, giving us all more celebration to get schwasty.

-Pat