.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Your Milwaukee Apocalypse: Avoiding Cover


Despite our best efforts, the Milwaukee Brewers have been able to maintain their grasp upon first place in the NL Central. Why have they been able to do this? I'll tell you why. Somehow the Brewers were able to convince Sports Illustrated not to put them on the cover this week. I had heard that there was going to be a big Brewers write up in SI, so I had my fingers crossed that the SI cover jinx would put an end to their reign of terror. Much to my chagrin however, I opened my mailbox only to find that SI had fallen under the siren's call of these soap opera posers, and had decided to put MMA on the cover even though the Brewer's article was obviously the lead story. Blast you Brewers! Blast!

I fear that the Brewer's may lay claim to another soul this weekend in their series with San Diego, that of WTB favorite and currently perfect reliever Kevin Cameron. Stay strong Kevin, stay strong.