.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

"How To Spot If I'm Magical"


A few days ago I was reading The Smittblog, and I saw this fantastic post about the most ridiculous searches that brought people to his site. I was so inspired by it that I decided to sign up for Google Analytics to see exactly what people searched that brought them to WTB. So here is this week's breakdown, and I will start doing this weekly for you and I's mutual amusement.

As I looked over the Google searches that popped up with Winning The Turnover Battle as one of the top results, I saw three main trends. First, there were a lot of Snorg / Snorg Girl/ Snorg Model related searches. Second, and somewhat more suprising, was that "Mark Kotsay's wife" seemed to be the second most popular. Evidently there is a much bigger market for Jamie Kotsay on the internet than I knew about. The third general trend was searches involving Yi Jianlian in some way, which does make sense to me since I have done a number of stories over the past few weeks concerning his current situation.

Now on to the good stuff. Here are some of the oddest searches that people put in to bring up the blog:

"sudden attack"
"caucasian wide receiver"
"wie suck fest"
"non alcoholic fufu drinks"
"dog fights in mexico"
"flip flops that don't flip or flop."

Most of these I could reasonably see people searching for, though I am a bit worried about the leisure time activities of the person that searched for "dog fights in mexico". While the above searches are quite amusing, none of them struck a chord with me quite like this gem, which is the winner of the first ever "WTB Search of the Week Award":

"how to spot if im magical"

This search has so many wonderful layers to dissect. Who is the person that searched for this? Were they truly wondering what the answer to the question was? Did they actually think that they were magical? And the best question of course, is how on earth did a sports blog pop up in such a search? I tested out the last one, and it seems that the most pertinent site on the internet for that question is in fact my post about the Orlando Magic signing Rashard Lewis. Go figure.