.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, July 2, 2007

360 Or PS3? Madden Choice Made Easier


With the release of EA Sports' NCAA 08 and Madden 08 fast approaching I have been trying to decide which next gen system to which I should commit my football allegiance. After the Xbox 360 came out a few years back I switched from the PS2, primarily because the graphics were just so much better. Now that the PS3 is out though, I was back to deciding which controller I liked better. Or so I thought that was the only difference. It seems that there is going to be another difference between the 360 and PS3 versions of Madden and NCAA, one that essentially makes my choice for me. From Kotaku:

The PS3, it's a ferocious beast. Which means it's not easily tamed. Not even if you've got a pine chair and your trustiest whip. This ferociousness may be behind EA's and 2K's decision to nueter the PS3 versions of Madden 08, NCAA 08 and APF2K8, which will all be running at 30 frames-per-second. On 360, they'll hum along at 60 fps.

So there you have it; if you go with the PS3 you are going to have to play a graphically gimped version of the football games. Oi. This terribly saddens me mainly because I just wanted something to play on my most expensive paper weight.

Also, hit up the comments if you have an opinion on which is better for football games, the Xbox or PS control scheme. I haven't played one on a PS in quite a bit, so I am just curious to see if their is a consensus either way.