.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, June 18, 2007

A Vote of (Un)Confidence


Rex Grossman was roundly criticized last season...last postseason...and this offseason, but throughout it all the quarterback still had the support of his teammates. Or so it seemed, until this past weekend when defensive tackle Tommie Harris made what he later termed as a joke, one that Grossman would most certainly not be happy about:

Speaking this weekend from Philadelphia, where Harris was a guest of McNabb's at the quarterback's charity golf tournament, the D-lineman had this to say: "I'd love to have [McNabb] as my quarterback in Chicago. … Hopefully, he comes here and helps the Chicago Bears win the Super Bowl. … If he comes to Chicago, we'll definitely win the Super Bowl. … He's my friend and I would like him to play on my team. … I'd love him to play for the Bears."

He just kept going.

And Harris wasn't done, capping his comments with, "Hopefully we get Donovan."


Perhaps I subscribe to a different school of comedy than Tommie Harris, but those comments sure seem to me like a player publicly campaigning for a new starting quarterback, not some sort of knee slapper. I am also guessing that Harris would probably not be laughing if Grossman were to come out with a "joke" about how he wished the Bears had John Henderson at defensive tackle instead of Harris.

Ballhype: hype it up!